1. Do you want Unlimited Mod and Skin downloads, Access to ALL premium/paid mods, No Delay Between Downloads, No Ads, a Blog, LOADS of site benefits and more! For one small monthly fee! Starting from $6.99 p/m - ✭ Join our Sims 4 V.I.P Club Here ✭ & Find out more about V.I.P here

What TV shows did people grow up with?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by disneygirl, Dec 30, 2014.

disneygirl

disneygirl

I'm watching old episodes of Arthur and I was thinking what shows did people grow up with?

I remember growing up with in the morning it would be: Barney (the old Barney with that "ILU" song and also with that story-teller woman?), Mr.Roger's Neighbourhood, Big Comfy Couch, and Sesame Street (when Rositia was on it) on PBS: Public Broadcasting Station (which mom paid for). In the afternoon it was first Reading Rainbow (if you remember Levar Burton and his daughter are whom the sims creators made prior to Sims 4 being released) and then Wishbone, Arthur and Magic School Bus. I also recall an earlier version of Thomas the Tank Engine-i remember human kids being involved (note: the conductor was former Beetles member named Ringo Star-just discovered that) . Then I would see Arthur and MSB on TVO (Television Ontario) station. Oh I also remember seeing (I don't remember which days of the week) a version of "Country Mouse and City Mouse" which are two mice cousins who travel the world to meet their other mice cousins and end on a variety of adventures and mysteries. On Saturdays I would see a short-live TV show program called "Stuff"-which starred Julie 1 until she decided to leave the "Crawlspace" and be replaced as host with Julie 2 (which as far as I'm aware has been replaced herself). Julie 1 also starred in Sunday show which was "BrainBounce". All the hosts of what was known as the "crawlspace" (so far) were also on shows like "Bod Squad" and "Reading Rangers". Formerly one being spoofs popular television shows and movies, and starring the TVOKids hosts, these short episodes promote healthy eating. The latter is a Western-style series promoting literacy. I remember a Bod Squad " was a movie one spoofing "Star Wars". I remember a Reading Rangers one spoofing Harry Potter I would end the day watching the stupid TV show Peingu. Also "Kratz Creatures" and Zoomabfoo. My mom says I did watch Bananas in Pyjamas-but I don't remember it. I only remember beside the above ^ watching Elliot Moose. Also Bill Nye the Science Guy (but more on TVO Kids then PBS-I remember one episode where "Bill" is I think talking about escalators and he doesn't pay attention to when he's suppose to step so he falls down?). I do have a little bit of a memory of watching something called "Lambchop" I had a copy of "lampchop" until recently that I had since I was a year old!. I forgot to mention for TVO Kids- Noddy and like Thomas the Tank Engine, Noddy included a live-action part as well. Also Calliou

If someone wants me to explain a TV show more please ask me
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2014
    V12creator

V12creator

When i was very very young, i liked that lemur, zuboomafoo (R.I.P poor Lemur, yes he died) then i gave up on DK channel and started watching more cartoon network several shows and disney too, but two of my favorites had to be "The occidental Dragon" and "Ben 10 ( the kid old one, not that teenager "bleh" Ben) as well as many others, but after i entered highschool began to watch more TV series and documentary, never finished watching any completely, watched "Psych" for a while but never kept on track with it, and aways watched "The Universe" on History when i had the chance but nowhadays i dont even watch TV anymore (Just in very rare momments), let's just say University killed my relationship with the TV...still, I and my computer addiction are bonded forever.
    Rachel

Rachel

Origin ID:
    PurplePenguin01
    Lets see, as a little kid urm..what year would that me? (Don't mind me just talking to myself) Ah yes around the '95 - '97 era i was around 3-5 years old & these where the main programes i watched.

Oh the voices are so different to what i grew up with xP

Didn't really have cable when i was a tot so i had to stick to whatever the BBC & ITV threw on or watch videos =P
    disneygirl

disneygirl

I was a 90s kid-so like 1994-2006+
    Meline

Meline Dutchie

Origin ID:
    meline134
    I used to always watch My Little Pony and Gummy bears XD
    When I was a little older I got really into Buffy the vampire slayer ^^
    Rethka786

Rethka786

Origin ID:
    Rethka786
    Alicia Lange

Alicia Lange

I grew up watching transformers,power rangers, saved by the bell, and a lot of animated shows like animaniacs . I'm a big fan of the dc and marvel shows from the 90's. I also watched digimon and pokemon when it came out.
    V12creator

V12creator

OMG, power-rangers...the very same plot story all the time you could tell exacly what they would do and even say next, only changing the theme, Episode after episode, the entire afternoon on Jetix , everyday, and i watched it all...
    HarresD

HarresD

Power rangers was definitly something i watched
    Hanay

Hanay

Origin ID:
    lilhxox
    when I was little I would watch the tweenies and tellytubbies and things like that, but I mostly remember watching buffie the vampire slayer, 3rd rock from the sun and that 70's show, I was mainly raised by my older brothers so I ended up watching what they like :)
    disneygirl

disneygirl

I remembered something else I used to watch "Adventures of Country Mouse and City Mouse Adventures"
    Gazz

Gazz If it move don't kill it just freeze it

With me being in my 40.s the Kids programs i watched some of you may not even have seen them
    Chany Philly

Chany Philly

Origin ID:
    chanyphilly
    I had a very random childhood and my TV choices went with it. I loved everything from Rugrats to Sabrina the Teenage Witch, but I had also been brought up around a lot of adult British comedies so adored 'Bottom' and 'Keeping up Appearances' etc. Now I love a culmination of everything but my favourites are Bottom, Friends and Family Guy. Miss Rugrats though lol!
    Keslie

Keslie

Origin ID:
    kesliehande
    Let's see... childhood-wise — Rugrats, Doug, The Secret World of Alex Mack, The Powerpuff Girls. Teenage-wise — I'd say Degrassi, Friends, some Will & Grace. I also watched a ton of trashy VH1.