1. Do you want Unlimited Mod and Skin downloads, Access to ALL premium/paid mods, No Delay Between Downloads, No Ads, a Blog, LOADS of site benefits and more! For one small monthly fee! Starting from $6.99 p/m - ✭ Join our Sims 4 V.I.P Club Here ✭ & Find out more about V.I.P here

What's Wanted and Expected With Expansions?

Discussion in 'Sims 4 Expansion Packs and Stuff Packs' started by Sara, Aug 5, 2014.

Sara

Sara

:anyone:Hello again! It's Sara once again...:snaphappy:
    This time I'm interested in The Sims 4 expansion packs. I really am curious about what we'll see as to expansion packs for the new game... So I've been thinking about it a lot and I've come up with expansion packs I would love to see based on previous expansion packs for The Sims, The Sims 2, and The Sims 3.
    Expansions/Stuff packs I would like to see:
    • Magic/supernatural expansion pack
    • Family expansion pack
    • Travel expansion pack
    • Celebrity/late night expansion pack
    • Open for business expansion pack :celebrate:
    • Mansion stuff
    • World stuff
    • Car stuff
    • Seasons expansion
    • Pets expansion
    • University expansion
    • Career expansion
    • Future expansion
    • Expansion like Island Paradise
    Haha! So the reason for the smiley next to my Open For Business idea is because The Sims 2 Open For Business is definitely my favorite expansion pack of all of the The Sims games as a whole. It didn't make an appearance in The Sims 3 sadly... But I know that a lot of people liked the expansion pack and I am hoping with all that I am that a similar expansion pack will come with the progression of The Sims 4.
    Now based on these expansion/stuff packs I would like to see, I've also compiled a list of things I think will show up in the expansion and stuff pack world of The Sims 4! Here we go!
    Expansion/stuff packs I am expecting:
    • Seasons expansion (in Sims 2 & 3)
    • Pets expansion (in Sims 1, 2, & 3)
    • Magic expansion (in Sims 1, 2, & 3)
    • Travel expansion (in Sims 1, 2, & 3)
    • University expansion (although it wasn't a favorite in The Sims 3 it was very well loved in The Sims 2)
    • Family expansion (although only in The Sims 3, it was very popular. However with the removal of toddlers it could stop this idea, but it could also give EA a reason to add them back)
    • Mansion stuff (very popular in Sims 2)
    • Celebrity/late night expansion (similar elements included in Sims 1, 2, & 3)
    So there we go. I hope that my little notes are helpful to see my reasoning behind what I think is coming with The Sims 4. Hopefully we'll get some really original new expansion and stuff packs that everyone will love!
    Until next time, happy Simming!;)
    ~Sara
    If you have an opinion about my post please post below! I really want to hear!
    Also if you have any expansions you'd like to see share them with me! :D

:giggle2:
    • Like Like x 2
    Amber

Amber

Origin ID:
    ForgottenAmber
    I like all of your ideas! I will be watching this post to see what others add. :ninja:
    • Like Like x 1
    Justine

Justine

Origin ID:
    Justehhhhh
    I know that they will bring out pools in the future, but I hope they bring out more stuff for pools, or maybe even more stuff related to water activities, like, having water parks, inflatables, more things for pools, I'm not sure really.. but pools in the sims 3, after a while, just got a little boring and plain. For me, I only added it to my houses because it just feels like it's necessary for a modern styled home. I LOVED the sims 2 open for business, and I was a bit upset when the sims 3 had nothing like that, I'd love to see it brought back, it was so much fun! :celebrate: I didn't get the into the future expansion for the sims 3, it just didn't appeal to me, so I hope they don't do something like that again. I wasn't really a fan on university, I hardly ever went to it, so I wasted money on it to be honest. The things they had in the expansion were pretty awesome I'll admit, but I just used that in my game in my town and not at the university campus. I do love travelling, but in the sims 3, not really. I loved it in the sims 2! Like, the way you would stay at a hotel and be checked in, it was amazing! I was always travelling :D Seasons, obviously! that was so cool :3 the fair the town would host too, ahh, just loved it, hope they don't change any of that in the sims 4! I'm pretty sure everyone loved that expansion the way it was, I just hope we get it early in the expansions, not too late, seasons is very important!
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Victoria Song

Victoria Song

The Sims 4 : Animals/ Pets EP (and then later on in the store a zoo venue) -- I could totally see this coming out after hopefully having a Generations like EP (along with todds.added).

Also I would like to see for the first time ever (if it was not in TS2 already) TS4 : Open House EP featuring your sims can have a career as a real estate agent or an interior designer.
    I.e. A family of 4 soon to be 5 searching for a bigger home, actually showing their interactions while going through the different neighborhoods open housing, until they find that perfect home sweet home. In my opinion I think this too could show many emotions for the sims...
    Maybe Open for Business could be another EP before this or heck, just add open homes as a career to this too, yes please :laugh:

I know a lot of simmers did not like the idea of laundry which I think it was added in TS3 Ambitions EP; but I did not mind it much. Though I did find it annoying at times when a pile of clothes were left on the floor if you did add the washing machine and dryer. Maybe in that case they could just add this in a SP as a decor item. Any way my point is after doing laundry was added, I kept hoping and waiting for them to at least add a decor item of a lawn mower because I think I remember one of the first screenshots of Sims 3 had a lawn mower in front of house. So that being said though many may hate me for saying this, please The Sims team add the option to mow the lawn in store or Seasons EP like laundry. Please again and thank you :)
    • Like Like x 1
    Luthien Rising

Luthien Rising

Origin ID:
    luthienrising
    I'd like to see a Rural Life expansion, and I suspect that it could easily have a "world" that adds on to the current ones within a savegame. It could include things like greenhouses (if a weather/seasons expansion were already out), farm animals, Agriculture careers (Farmer and Veterinarian?) and a world layout that is non-suburban, with a market, a park, and a restaurant/café at a crossroads.

I'd also like to see a University expansion reimagined not as somewhere your Sim heads off to while the rest of the world is in statis (that's always been weird) but rather as one that coexists as one of the worlds you can have in your savegame. It could have part-time or continuing education options for Sims who are holding down jobs or raising families or wanting a career change, your Sims could live at home or go "away" to college, you could hire a college student to do higher-level chores around your house, like fixing your computer or tutoring your kids, and there could be Education careers (Teacher/Professor and Coach?).
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    Sara

Sara

I really really like both of those ideas. Especially the new ideas for University life. I think that would add a more realistic and practical use for the expansion.
    And the Rural Life expansion reminds me of a mix between Sims 3 seasons and Sims 3 pets. I think that if they added some of your ideas it would add a newness and originalness to the old expansion packs!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Dawnbreak

Dawnbreak

Origin ID:
    DawnbreakEdge
    University is expected at some point but it would be cool to have some form of grade school EP. Actually having to go to school, going to class, meeting friends, cliques, lunch, lockers, etc. That would be so cool.
    TashaC

TashaC

Would the zoo is just included in the EP
    Victoria Song

Victoria Song

The zoo could be included in EP but I am not sure if the team would even consider this all in one EP. That is why I said can be added in a venue or so...
    Meline

Meline Dutchie

Origin ID:
    meline134
    I think they will add an 'Ambitions' pack, which will include more normal jobs than there are now.
    The job options are fairly limited, and this would fix that. Also generations, seasons and pets seem mandatory.
    Gazz

Gazz If it move don't kill it just freeze it

Pets first then a cars pack or a new expansion pack something new like an abduction pack were them little green simmies come take you away for spying on them from your sims home :wideyed:
    Cynel

Cynel V.I.P Sims 4 V.I.P

Origin ID:
    Cynel1
    i would want Generations to be First just to get the Toddlers over with.
    tgorrey

tgorrey

Definitely this haha, then Ambitions to bring back the basic jobs. I also really liked how Into the Future was.
    And I'm not sure if they've done something like this but maybe they should make a pack with outside recreational activities. With a lake, camping, hiking, canoeing, like a woodland vacation pack or something that would be so nice. :>
    Cynel

Cynel V.I.P Sims 4 V.I.P

Origin ID:
    Cynel1
    here's the thing Generations must have more than Toddlers Like Pre-teens and more Kid- Teen interactions.
    IvoryOwl

IvoryOwl

I'm probably one of the few who thinks so... but I would be quite happy if they brought back the Castaway pack from TS2. That game was a lot of fun for me and I love the idea of a stranded survival game mixed with the Sim series.