1. Do you want Unlimited Mod and Skin downloads, Access to ALL premium/paid mods, No Delay Between Downloads, No Ads, a Blog, LOADS of site benefits and more! For one small monthly fee! Starting from $6.99 p/m - ✭ Join our Sims 4 V.I.P Club Here ✭ & Find out more about V.I.P here

Will the Sims 4 look realistic

Discussion in 'The Sims 4 General Discussion' started by cocoamy, Sep 29, 2013.

cocoamy

cocoamy

I am not really sure whether the sims in The Sims 4, look that real.. they look a little bit more cartoony/animated than the ones in Sims 3.
    Whether this is a good thing or a bad thing, I don't know..
    jedpatrickdatu

jedpatrickdatu

I read in an interview that the devs are using animated films as inspiration, so yes, the graphics aren't going to be very realistic.

I actually agree with this move. The cartoony style fits the Sims as it makes characters look friendlier, warmer, and more emotional. On the other hand, ultra-realistic characters tend to look stiff, uncanny, and cold. For example:

Cartoony/stylized:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Realistic:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you can see, the cartoony ones, although unrealistic, convey emotions better. Meanwhile, with the realistic-looking ones, their facial expressions barely change and are very stiff. Since the Sims 4 is centered around more emotional and more lovable sims, the cartoony style would be better. Not that I hate realistic graphics - it's just that they they don't fit in with the style of Sims. Also, realistic graphics, in order to look good, tend to need more powerful PCs, and EA wants the Sims 4 to be playable on average computers.
    plumdrop

plumdrop Sadistic Simmer

Origin ID:
    sourdime
    There is already a post up centered around the look of he sims 4 graphics.