1. Do you want Unlimited Mod and Skin downloads, Access to ALL premium/paid mods, No Delay Between Downloads, No Ads, a Blog, LOADS of site benefits and more! For one small monthly fee! Starting from $6.99 p/m - ✭ Join our Sims 4 V.I.P Club Here ✭ & Find out more about V.I.P here

Can't cook and it takes money

Discussion in 'Technical Support & Bug Reports' started by MakAttak, Feb 16, 2015.

MakAttak

MakAttak

Origin ID:
    Mackenzie2121
    I tried getting my sim to cook by clicking on the fridge and it wouldn't pop up as an interaction in the sidebar yet it kept taking money and my sim wouldn't perform the task.
    CherrycokeZero

CherrycokeZero

Having the exact same problem. Sims can't cook and won't grab any servings already in the fridge. Have to order a pizza in order to stop them from starving!!
    tc62

tc62

I had the same issue. I tried to start a new game, but it still didn't work. In dokuments - Electronic Arts - Sims 4 folder you could look for a text file named Last Exception. It's like reading russian.. well if you are russian it's like reading latin. It might say something like object error xml root ?54854 server - and a lot more. It shows there are errors in the game of some sort. Sometimes it's cc related, but people who don't use cc also reports this.
    I deleted the sims 4 folder and started the game up again. It helped and this error didn't show again.. Other errors did later. Be sure to make a copy of saves and mods folder first. And you have to go through all the annoying help screens again. Read elsewhere how to do it.
    Kakira1

Kakira1

Origin ID:
    Kakira1
    The fault is corrected when you remove the cache files TheSims4 folder. Also the "repair installation of the game" to help for different faults. Here is my video, it is Finnish language, but I hope it helps :)

Leanna H

Leanna H

I'm having this issue too! I've played maybe once or twice in recent months with no prior errors. I start it up to find these kinds of errors. I would choose to play during bug central. :(
    Angelina Davis

Angelina Davis

Origin ID:
    [email protected]
    Angelina Davis

Angelina Davis

Origin ID:
    [email protected]
    I also have this issue...they also open the fridge without being in front of the fridge and will get a bowl of cereal. Ive tried changing appliances and re starting computer, but it does not help
    Connor

Connor Llama Lover

Origin ID:
    Con1468
    I have never had this issue, and I hopefully won't. Maybe it would be a good idea to let EA know about it.
    Court L

Court L

I had the exact same problem yesterday! It happened after my sim stepped off her home lot to pick some flowers. I tasked her to come back and grab a quick meal from the fridge, instead it appeared in her hand off the lot. That is when I could no longer cook. I restarted the game and it went back to normal, but they need to fix that.
    Vampcatz

Vampcatz

Origin ID:
    Vampcatz
    I had the same problem. Right click on the picture of your game and chose "repair game". It worked for me. Sometimes, this glitch still happens but I can fix it by "repair game".
    • Like Like x 1
    Tanena

Tanena

Year repair game should fix it...like vampcatz said...first time I ever heard of this tho :)
    Hanay

Hanay

Origin ID:
    lilhxox
    im having this problem as well, it only happens sometimes though
    Clarawrr

Clarawrr

Origin ID:
    Clarawrr
    Yes, this happens in my game from time to time... Before you play, go into Origin and REPAIR GAME. That fixes it for me everytime. That actually fixes so many little glitches that I repair game before I play every time.