1. Do you want Unlimited Mod and Skin downloads, Access to ALL premium/paid mods, No Delay Between Downloads, No Ads, a Blog, LOADS of site benefits and more! For one small monthly fee! Starting from $6.99 p/m - ✭ Join our Sims 4 V.I.P Club Here ✭ & Find out more about V.I.P here

Fudge The Sims 4, Right Now!

Discussion in 'The Sims 4 General Discussion' started by fluxxx_tasy, Sep 2, 2014.

fluxxx_tasy

fluxxx_tasy

All I can warn is "Save Periodically"! Just spent about 2 hours working on my house, all three floors, roof, wall papers.. Furniture(with custom colors..) Interiors, the works..
    Game crashed.. Lost 2 hours of building - Fk this game! This is the main/only reason I quit playing Sims 3. I'm a builder, I could care less about the characters in the game.. Needs an auto-save feature every 5-10 min!
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    writer2036

writer2036

I have to wait another 2 days yet until I can get my pre-order of Sims 4 premium edition from EB Games but hearing about it performing this badly does not sound too good although I suppose bugs are to be expected on release. Thanks for the warning in advance though Fluxxx_tasy
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Samira

Samira

Origin ID:
    XxAirixX
    That language is a bit crude.....anyways.

I believe there is an autosave and always good to save often, no matter what you do. That is one thing people always tell anyone that does anything on the computer-writing, playing a game, drawing, etc...

And make sure the game and graphics is compatible (check different settings) and have no cc (any cc made with the demo won't work). Keep in mind that it is launch day and there may be a few bugs. Some were already fixed with patches and more will be fixed soon. Don't know what crashed your game, multiple things could of caused it.

Personally I rather test the game myself as some people had problems and others didn't. Same goes for the other games. Sims 2 works fine with me (no crashing or black boxes) but some friends had problems with graphics and others had no problems with Sims 3 and loved it, while for me it was a nightmare. I don't know how well Sims 4 will do for me. People saying bad things before the release, so I don't know who to believe.
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    Kelly

Kelly

I'm so disappointed in this game... I spent 2 hours playing without saving and it crashed. Also, the gameplay is just plain bad... I knew it would be more game like, than realistic (or at least compared to sims 3) but this game is just bad. I'm so disappointed. It's like they took sims 1 and sims 2 and combined them with a little more complicated emotions.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Connor

Connor Llama Lover

Origin ID:
    Con1468
    You need to wait for patches. For any game in existence there will be bugs at release.
    • Like Like x 1
    Kelly

Kelly

That's not the only reason why I'm mad. I'm mad at the whole game. They don't even have todlers and the furniture you put the baby in is just like the one from sims 1 where u can't even do anything with your baby. And my baby came out like Edward scissor hands. Completely distorted.
    IvoryOwl

IvoryOwl

Wasn't the auto-save one of the promoted new features of TS4? Did you checked to see if it was enabled in the Options or something? As much as I can sympathize a bit, because I too would be annoyed, don't you think you're being a tad over-dramatic? Its just a game, and it was just 1 set-back. For all you know that could be one of the few to happen in your entire TS4 gaming experience in the coming months... hopefully.
    • Agree Agree x 3
    MagPie

MagPie laughs at oddly shaped m&m's

Origin ID:
    15MagPie15
    Sim games have always crashed on me. It really sucks, so I know your pain. :( Whenever it happens to me, I usually change things up a bit when I play again.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Kelly

Kelly

It's 70 dollars down the drain. That's what it is.
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    yony1312

yony1312 V.I.P Sims 4 V.I.P

Origin ID:
    Yony1312
    i dont know to say if you are right or not because i ahve to wait until the 4th
    i know i will enjoy the game very much beacuse i a waiting since october. i am sure thats a problem that will not happen again.
    Kelly

Kelly

Let me know if you are disappointed like I am.
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    yony1312

yony1312 V.I.P Sims 4 V.I.P

Origin ID:
    Yony1312
    i will and hopefully i wont have the problem
    but you should check if you have all the system recurments
    IvoryOwl

IvoryOwl

You made an account here and the first thing you started doing was ranting about how disappointed you are...
    Crashes, bugs and glitch issues should be taken to the devs themselves in the official forums, not an unofficial community. All you're going to achieve with that attitude here is getting yourself labeled as a hater and someone who's just keen on spreading bad rumors and drama. Try to be more rational and constructive if you want help from others.

It sounds to me you already had a negative pre-disposition towards the game, even before you started playing it. How else would one explain your attitude after a single set-back in the first hours of gaming post-launch? I honestly think that a true fan would have had a different attitude from yours. And don't say its because you invested money on it... because we all did.

Besides, one of the selling features of TS4 was that it was going to automatically save the game every 10-15 minutes. And even if it doesn't work, you should be able to save your progress manually... like we always did in the previous games. Not to mention we don't even know the true source of your problem. Could be EAxis's faults, could be your computer.
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Simon Graceffa

Simon Graceffa

Origin ID:
    simongraceffa
    The Sims 3 was glitchy when it came out so you seriously need to calm down and like how ivory said, making an account here just to rant has void meaning. Unless if you like writing in caps and cursing, otherwise, theres nothing we can do here to make you happy.

My game didn't crash or anything so I can't relate in the first place. Do you have other games on your computer?
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Biotic_Warlock

Biotic_Warlock Яeversed

Because of the fear of crashing, whenever I build a lot I save like every half hour :(
    Seems autosave only applies to live mode. Or is on defauly off.
    IvoryOwl

IvoryOwl

I did a small google search on the issue and people seem to be saying that the auto-save is by default on, with no way to turn it off. But I think you may be correct on your assumption - the auto-save doesn't work while building because, technically speaking, the game is paused. In any case, did you checked the INI files of the game? Its the manual (and more complete) alternative to the in-game options.
    strawberrigurl

strawberrigurl

Origin ID:
    strawberrigurl
    Sims 4 has an autosave feature. I saved my game with the intention of exiting and then when I went to upload it again there was my save and a 20 min later autosave that happened when I stepped away from the computer. I am sorry that you are having a bad experience but give it another chance.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Tanena

Tanena

I have played all night since the launch and I didnt crash not once....I love the game its alot of fun...but Im going to sleep now Im dead lol
    • Funny Funny x 2
    Nick

Nick

Origin ID:
    Frollo6060
    Why are you even going to use cc on a game that just came out? you wanna blame the game when you have bad cc shakes my head
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Hip_Rose

Hip_Rose

Origin ID:
    TheSavageNymph
    Peeps, I just learned that CC you have in the demo is not base game compatible. So be careful.
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1