1. Do you want Unlimited Mod and Skin downloads, Access to ALL premium/paid mods, No Delay Between Downloads, No Ads, a Blog, LOADS of site benefits and more! For one small monthly fee! Starting from $6.99 p/m - ✭ Join our Sims 4 V.I.P Club Here ✭ & Find out more about V.I.P here

Disabled sims and wheelchairs

Discussion in 'The Sims 4 General Discussion' started by James, Mar 29, 2014.

?

Should there be disabled sims and wheelchairs?

1. Yes

29 vote(s)
    64.4%
  2. No

8 vote(s)
    17.8%
  3. Maybe

8 vote(s)
    17.8%
    disneygirl

disneygirl

Queen, I'm not trying to get you to say yes. I understand you personally don't want disablties in the game, but there are others like me who want it in the game and don't like the fact CC stuff (like wheelchairs are not moveable chairs). Some disabled people like myself (I'm different-abled in a different sense then physically) have techinally embraced ourselves for being able to be different. "Different stokes for different folks". Some disabled people don't like the fact they can't create themselves in a wheelchair. Those people kind of are annoyed by the fact they 'aren't worthy' to be in a game that is a parody of life unless they are walkable sims (granted there are some disabled people like yourself who 'don't want to be reminded of their disability'.) I'm just am wondering do you ever use the canes which comes with Generations for your elderly Sims?

I am slightly heard of hearing and need a hearing aid in my left ear when I go out, I been wearing glasses since I was 16 and I might have AS. Also because of my later development then of other kids like with speech I knew and am brushing up on my Sign Language Skills.
    Queen

Queen

Origin ID:
    PuReAnGeL
    I myself am deaf woman with bad English. Let me tell you... I don't care if you have 3 legs, 4 eyes, blue skin, 80 lbs or 350 lbs. massive tattoos, 75 pierces everywhere, illness, massive plastic surgery, smart or non education school... whatever you are... pfft! I don't give a damn but respect. You are 100% human being like everyone, if some people treat you differently I feel sorry for them. Respect is very important. AND I don't want anything in the game because I love traditional game that has nothing to do with real life. :) If the Sims team wants to add, I don't mind but I know I will turning off the option if it has. :)
    disneygirl

disneygirl

here's a little idea I have it doesn't per say included disablties themselves-but it could hint that not all sims are alike in another sense. A Service Dog trainer as a job. We wouldn't see disabled Sims themselves. Like maybe one family could be the foster family for a puppy with and then after a certain age (I guess adult) its is placed with a trainer?
    Biotic_Warlock

Biotic_Warlock Яeversed

Not sure what to say about the wheelchairs part. I'm completely open to it and would be as happy with or without.
    What about mental disabilities?
    disneygirl

disneygirl

mental disablties are in the game already (Insane) for instance. That was in Sims 3 and it appears it will be re-appear in the Sims 4 according to the E3 broadcast too.
    • Like Like x 1
    sturminator

sturminator

Why would it make people sadder?
    I have been in a wheelchair and I would not give it away for anything.
    I was born with cerebral palsy, which affects fine mortor control, speech, balance, ect. However, I don't consider myself disabled. Disableed literally means not abled.
    I live in my own apartment, cook my own food, do my own laundry, attend college, haave a job, and drive around town in my wheelchair, and in a lot of ways my cerebral palsy is a God-given gift. because I don't have good enough control of my hands, I don't have a drivers license. because I don't drive, I had to change churches. I found a new church that adopted me as their own. in essence, because I am in a wheelchair, I found the place that I feel loved, wanted, needed, cared for, ect.

I see my wheelchair as as much a part of my body as my eye color and the fact that they didn't have the option since day one is like saying "There is something wrong with you... you are not good enough to be somebody's dream body."

why not ?

why can't a supermodel be wheelchair bound.

What makes a walking person more desirable than a driving person ?
    • Agree Agree x 2
    disneygirl

disneygirl

Hanay

Hanay

Origin ID:
    lilhxox
    I think that maybe disabled sims might be a good idea as these dolls you can get custom made for your child and when sims 1 came out I was only little and I made sims to look like me, if you see what im getting at
    • Winner Winner x 1
    jay_jay_1029

jay_jay_1029

But people should at least have the option. It's not fair that abled people get literally every bit of pandering to them, but when disabled people say "Hey, can we maybe make it so our sims can be like us?" then people like you speak for them and say they don't want it.
    Unless you are disabled, you don't get to say what a disabled person does or does not want.
    • Like Like x 1
    plumdrop

plumdrop Sadistic Simmer

Origin ID:
    sourdime
    Then why don't you made a mod for it yourself if you want it so much, if I can't have toddlers or round pools in the game than why do I have to have disabled people?
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    Sims4Forum

Sims4Forum The Boss Site Owner

Nice to see you plumdrop :)
    plumdrop

plumdrop Sadistic Simmer

Origin ID:
    sourdime
    You too :)
    RideOrDie

RideOrDie

This is a great idea! Not everyone is perfect and the staff needs to fix this! Great idea man!
    • Like Like x 1
    sandi

sandi

Also I am in wheelchair because I can't walk and I wish a wheelchair in game The sims 4. To accuratelly represent me, the game needs to contain:
    - electric wheelchairs
    - personal asssistance - persons who help disabled persons by getting out of bed, dressing, preparing meals,...
    - a monetary allowance if they can't work.

Yes, quite a lot of things come with disabilities...
    TheWheelMother

TheWheelMother

I always wanted to know WHY people think being in a wheelchair is "agony"? I have Cerebral Palsy and it affects my speech and motor control, but I always thought of my CP as the best gift God gave me besides His Son. Saying that you don't understand why people would want to play with a disability if they have disabilities is like saying that you don't understand why short people would want to be short in the game.

I refuse to play UNLESS I can be in a wheelchair because what I hear is that I am not ALLOWED to be myself, that people like me don't have as much value the way I am.