1. Do you want Unlimited Mod and Skin downloads, Access to ALL premium/paid mods, No Delay Between Downloads, No Ads, a Blog, LOADS of site benefits and more! For one small monthly fee! Starting from $6.99 p/m - ✭ Join our Sims 4 V.I.P Club Here ✭ & Find out more about V.I.P here

Do you like the look of the sims?

Discussion in 'CaS & Creations Sharing' started by Gigi, May 7, 2013.

plumdrop

plumdrop Sadistic Simmer

Origin ID:
    sourdime
    I know you're new here, but it has been discussed that posting to forums should be something to discuss about not just a simple agreement, I feel that's what the "like" button is for to the bottom right of the post.
    zldixon

zldixon New Member

Found these images on a site advertising the new UI interface coming to the Sims 4. To be honest... the graphics are horrifying. But I doubt if it's real that it's the final draft. In a sit-down with one of the artists. He said they're going with a "Stylized Reality" look for the new Sims. What do you think this will mean for the depth of the game artistically? I know as a Sims fan, watching it evolve has gotten me dreaming about a Sims with realistic looking weather, landscapes and meshes like REAL paneling on the houses and hair that looks less plastic. Final Fantasy anyone?

8640861055_dac4c98c07_b.jpg

8641961438_557b119caa_b.jpg

I don't want to be to critical, as I am a huge fan of the sims and I am VERY impressed with what they've done and what they seem to be planning to do for sim emotions, relationships etc in the Sims 4. I just feel like see other games who have graphics that SOAR above the Sims. (sigh) Sorry guys. So what do you think?

Do you think a "stylized reality" look will make the game less popular?

Do you think they will keep going with this game and make Sims 5 and 6s?
    plumdrop

plumdrop Sadistic Simmer

Origin ID:
    sourdime
    I am having a hard time believe those are TS4 graphics, I keep seeing those pictures and similar to them, because they don't match up well to the concept art. Also I have no doubt they will have sims 5 and 6 and so on EA loves money and they will continue to milk this cash cow.
    annapolis

annapolis New Member

This was for the Sims olympus which was scrapped. These images were scrapped a long time ago, how have you not seen these?
    zldixon

zldixon New Member

Oh Oops. The people speaking Russian I got it from seemed to think it was the Sims 4. Bad on them. But this stylized look they're going for is so seemingly similar. I'm terrified.
    TERRIFIED!
    Also. I've got these: They're firstly PROOF that the artist who did the concept art was looking at Sims Olympus. Really freaky by the way. And there is a second picture of some 3d work next to Olympus. What if they're trying to rebuild the Olympus concept??!?!?!!??!?!?!?!?!?

D:

Attached Files:

plumdrop

plumdrop Sadistic Simmer

Origin ID:
    sourdime
    They are probably similar because they are pulling NPC's from previous games. Kind of how Bella Goth has been in every sims game.
    Laindelea

Laindelea New Member

I really like how the create a sim looks from the ''leaked'' pictures. I hope those are real!
    Melik

Melik New Member

I love the new look of the sims. They remind me of high quality versions of the The Sims 2 sims. They don't look like those creepy almost realistic ones in The Sims 3. I'm probably the only person who likes the hair. It just goes with the whole style. And no i have never played The Sims Social for which they seem similar to, but a lot of people say that if you do like the The Sims 4 sims it's only because you play the one on Facebook.
    • Like Like x 1
    Tubbie Head

Tubbie Head

Yes!! I love the new look. I've seen loads of people "complaining" about how they look too cartoon'ish, but you know what? I thought the same thing the first time I saw them (in that photo that was first published on the site and facebook)... But after watching the trailers I changed my mind. I think they look fantastic! Also I've always preferred the Sims 2 to the Sims 3 in terms of appearance so, maybe that's why I'm loving these sims, they look closer to the way the SIms 2 looked but their expressions and stuff is what's making me love them. :D
    I'm so excited whoo!

I also like their hairs!
    Abigail

Abigail

I love how the sims look. I hate the realistic feel.
    Abigail

Abigail

Plus, it's like the sims 2 (love that a bit better then the sims 3) but with no loading screens (I HATE loading screens.), I think
    Rethka786

Rethka786

Origin ID:
    Rethka786
    Of course, I ♥ this look. The Sims look amazing with their cartoony features.
    Samira

Samira

Origin ID:
    XxAirixX
    I am really loving it so far. They seem more alive and expressive to me, which will make them fun to play. The faces of sims 2 scared me and sims 3 just feel empty, dull and sort of creepy at times. The cartoon look that isn't extreme and that is what seems to work for them and the them about playing with life and the silliness.
    emilzydiva

emilzydiva

At first i was more unsure about the cartoon look of the sims, but now i've grown to really like it! I hope it is as smooth as these and not all jaggy. I do like the smoothliness of it all. (<----- smoothliness, dont think thats a word? But ok... :p
    Simfan923

Simfan923

Origin ID:
    Simfan923
    I didn't like the look at first I was like "oh, guess we're going backwards a bit, that's cool." But then I saw the trailers and I'm thinking maybe they're not so bad to look at. Especially Chuck ;)
    • Agree Agree x 1
    lildemongames

lildemongames

Origin ID:
    lildemongames
    I love how Sims 4 turned out, at first there was tons of hate. I started wondering why people would want it to be more realistic in the first place, so they could recreate their lives? this I really didn't understand. I thought that the Sims was a funny game and looking back it was even funnier a really soft-core live simulator with tons of things just to be entertaining, but that's just my opinion

There's more if you follow me on twitter for randomness @ https://twitter.com/lildemongames
    or
    Like on Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/theywontgivemeanythingelse
    and
    YouTube @ https://www.youtube.com/user/lildemongames/feed
    BirdGovernor

BirdGovernor

Lots of people don't seem to like the blocky hair, but I do. The sims 3's hair is mostly thin and looks too stringy. Its just a preference though. I think the future will have some lovely CC and (almost) everyone will find something they like C:
    Pantagruela

Pantagruela

Origin ID:
    Pantagruela
    Hi all..

I really like the look of sims 4 :) I am big fan of this colorfull cartoonis style they gave it :) Its just my opinion but to me sims looks much better in this animation than in sims 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    Rekalty

Rekalty

Origin ID:
    Rekalty
    Just looked at my current family in Sims 3... Now they just seem stiff, lifeless and bland, when comparing to what I've seen of Sims 4 so far.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    danielle clough

danielle clough

Origin ID:
    Dannii_Clough
    I agree, first I was skeptical about their looks but over the year with the CAS demo out and seeing more and more unique sims I love them!
    Obviously their body design is fab and comparing their hair and clothing styles to TS3 including EP hair styles too it's all more modern in my eyes!
    I wouldn't wear half of TS3 clothes in real life where as TS4 look more appealing!

I'm super excited to play this game and all it's new wonderful and fascinating features;)
    • Agree Agree x 1