1. Do you want Unlimited Mod and Skin downloads, Access to ALL premium/paid mods, No Delay Between Downloads, No Ads, a Blog, LOADS of site benefits and more! For one small monthly fee! Starting from $6.99 p/m - ✭ Join our Sims 4 V.I.P Club Here ✭ & Find out more about V.I.P here

Do you prefer the cartoony look or the realistic look?

Discussion in 'The Sims 4 General Discussion' started by Rethka786, May 17, 2014.

?

Cartoony or Realistic: Which do you prefer?

Poll closed Jun 16, 2014.
  1. Cartoony

47.2%
  2. Realistic

19.4%
  3. I Like Both

27.8%
  4. Not Bothered

5.6%
    UberLisa

UberLisa

I actually have to agree I prefer the cartoon style for Sims. Some games have added benefits due to more realistic surroundings and characters, but I prefer for Sims games to have more of a cartoonish feel to them.
    Korvaz

Korvaz

I've always liked the cartoon art style for The Sims.
    • Agree Agree x 3
    Arachne

Arachne

Origin ID:
    Arachne3003
    I like the look of Sims 4. It's first and foremost a comedy so the semi cartoon look works.

Has anyone watched the first Sims 2 trailer lately? The style is remarkably like Sims 4. I suspect this is the look they've been racing for all along.
    • Agree Agree x 3
    Evalen

Evalen

I like the Cartoony look like these, My Dexter Family. Sims 4
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    • Like Like x 3
    Evalen

Evalen

Sorry Double post and I don't know how to delete the pictures, will try again
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Ottie

Ottie V.I.P Sims 4 V.I.P

Origin ID:
    ottie24
    I like the cartoony look myself with Sims 3 I didn't like how the skins looked as some people liked to call them pudding faces. I was pretty terrible at using the sliders to change face shape and things. I'm really hoping I can make prettier sims this time.
    CaptainMauzer

CaptainMauzer

I did the same, when we saw just the renders of the sims with no context I was actually sort of angry thinking EA was skimping and making some terrible looking game. But as Maxis showed off more and more of the entire game and seeing that their vision was this wacky, weird, wonderful storybook for us to play in, I've grown to not only like it, but have found it quite charming.
    • Agree Agree x 3
    starglitters9909

starglitters9909

Origin ID:
    starglitters9909
    I like the look of the sims in the sims 4. I just haven't committed myself yet to buying it. I will wait and see some game play from people who have the game. They have taken so many things away from the game it will take some actual game play to convince me that it is worth buying.
    starglitters9909

starglitters9909

Origin ID:
    starglitters9909
    I am kind of worried about the pets ep. I don't want it if there isn't any horses in it. The worlds are so small I just don't know where we could ride them. I guess I will just have to wait and see.
    Aralyne

Aralyne

I prefer the cartoony look myself simply because I don't take the Sims games seriously. If I actually played the game as a serious life simulation (which I don't), I would perhaps like the more realistic look..... actually, even then, I probably wouldn't because all the sims I create are either based on fictional characters from animated series/manga/comics or based on artwork of my own creations lol. I guess the cartoony style just suits my style of playing more is what I'm trying to say :)
    • Like Like x 1
    Charlotte_mays

Charlotte_mays

Origin ID:
    ChoCoLatEPinKIE
    Omg I'm not gone keep this is the dark, I modified Mortimer so that he's aged to a teen and completely hot and I made it so my teen girl sim and he were an item. Bella better find a new man!
    Lokisimsies

Lokisimsies

I like a combination of the two. For me, it enters into creepy land when the Sims are too realistic. I like the cartoon faces of Sims 4 more than the ones in Sims 3. I prefer the hair of Sims 3.

I have seen some mock ups using current Sims 3 CC hair on the Sims 4 and it doesn't look right, IMO. It does not match and it's very jarring. I think Sims 4 will require the CC makers to learn an all new style that works better.
    • Agree Agree x 3
    Luthien Rising

Luthien Rising

Origin ID:
    luthienrising
    I'd rather have somewhat cartoony Sims who act somewhat human and can be moulded into all sorts of real human shapes than somewhat realistic Sims who act like robots and lack variety. To me they feel *more* real not less.
    jokida

jokida

all i can say that they have better features than the 1rst sims,its normal because technology wasn't that advance than now, we will have too see in the future what comes up thats all
    Nick

Nick

Origin ID:
    Frollo6060
    Cartoony for sure! Sims 3 sims all started to look alike even with cc. Sims 4 sims all look different with or without cc
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Lokisimsies

Lokisimsies

LOL, not in the gallery they don't. They are beginning to look alike and it's because of the limited hair and color options.
    • Like Like x 2
    Arachne

Arachne

Origin ID:
    Arachne3003
    Fortunately, that's a temporary problem. The game will ship with a lot more options, and before long we'll have CC, hopefully that matches the game, to make things even better.
    • Like Like x 1
    Tyler Rashaun Thompson

Tyler Rashaun Thompson

Origin ID:
    KriltZayxe
    I love this version of Sims, it's life like in the movements and such. An this type of art-style brings it out really nicely, I can never imagine realistic 3D looking Sims doing this and being somewhat still cute and handsome and normal looking in that setting while doing these various emotions. So I prefer cartoon and somewhat comes from me being a cartoonist myself. Cause hey I loved the Sims 3 but right now I'm seeing the weirdness in the looks of peoples Sims 3 Sims, they look pudgy faced, the body looks so thick looking at times not in a good way. How they stood and rest their arms looked pretty not right. Also when they go crazy with emotions conveyed through interactions their eyes look so scary like it's going to pop out of their face. In a since the Sims 3 looked so average like average without a since of style. But the face and how they textured everything just made me be like, "ok enough is enough I'm ready to move on". But that was my opinion, and I'm moving on to Sims 4, cause I love how proportions worked, love how bodybuilder esk you can make Sims and also really slender and petite. For something of Sims 4, I needed a since of beauty and cute and handsomeness to Sims but really mine and think the cartoon look brings it out much easy. Also just to say I believe everyone is beautiful and that this new Sims shows that through anyone you make. Cause heck I made a cute looking male Sim with a unibrow, he is pretty hot to me. But again my opinion. Just wanted to give my thoughts to this thread, Lol. Also this will be a game I will not use CC on personally, I've used it before, but the stuff they have now I can settle with and is really AWESOME! to me, Lol. :x3::x3::x3:
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Tanena

Tanena

I so agree with Arachne on this lol I actually loved sims 2 more than 3 and 4 does remind me of The Sims2 lol but I love The Sims 4 I think its gonna be great and from what I have seen so far should be enjoyable game play
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Aesir23

Aesir23

Origin ID:
    Aesir26
    I actually prefer the cartoony look. It's not quite as demanding and I'll admit that I've never really liked the mods that have made sims look realistic from TS2 onwards. They usually just hit uncanny valley for me.
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2014
    • Agree Agree x 2