1. Do you want Unlimited Mod and Skin downloads, Access to ALL premium/paid mods, No Delay Between Downloads, No Ads, a Blog, LOADS of site benefits and more! For one small monthly fee! Starting from $6.99 p/m - ✭ Join our Sims 4 V.I.P Club Here ✭ & Find out more about V.I.P here

Do you prefer ts2 or ts3 ?

Discussion in 'The Sims 3 General Discussion' started by thekillers1212, Mar 12, 2014.

?

Which game do you prefer ?

1. Ts3

42.9%
  2. Ts2

48.6%
  3. Ts1

8.6%
    MamaLambNC

MamaLambNC

I like different things about all 3 but Sims 2 is my favorite because of the aging thing. my Sims don't age until I say that they do...LOL!! What I still can't get around on Sims 3 is the fact that after buying a brand new computer (just for this particular game) I still can't get it to work ! I can't get the last two EP to run without the Error 12 & the constant crashing in CAS...it's nerve wracking! Sims 1 & Sims 2 never crashes....I can play for hours & no errors....Hopefully Sims 4 will be like that.

I like the open neighborhood of Sims 3 but I don't like the rabbit holes! It would be nice if we could have a game that had all the good parts of all 3 games, you know?
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Samira

Samira

Origin ID:
    XxAirixX
    I never got to play Sims 2, but it does sound much better than Sims 3. Sims 3 gameplay is lacking and the crashing and freezing gets annoying, especially when something important in the game is happening.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Devon

Devon

I
    I would have to agree 100% TS2 was the best and is my favorite
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Jeriel

Jeriel

It's a tough decision... I don't like the games completely, more or so the features they present.

Sims 2 was a great game, was fun to play, and the sims were hilarious with their expressions and personality. I always had fun creating a family, building their house, and playing them. That said, I absolutely HATE the lack of open world. It was too tedious to go and play another family just so they'd age accordingly, or even wait through load screens to go to a store or club. I know I didn't have to (and I never did usually), but it would bug me to see other families ageless while my own is a couple generations in.

Sims 3, on the hand, was also a good game. The sims themselves didn't have the same personality as sims 2, but the addition of traits was good and I loved the customizability of CASt, and not to mention the OPEN WORLD. Sims 3 did bring some awesome content in with the expansions, and I loved the way EA redid the sims 2 expansions, such as seasons, pets (gotta love dem horsies), and university. However, the lag the game has kind of knocks down it's favor with me. Sims 2 ran smoother, that's for sure.

Overall, I like them equally. They're both good games bringing different AND similar things to the table. That said, I play the sims 3 more than I do the sims 2, simply for the fact of open world.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    munch

munch

the sims 3. just because knocking on your neighbours door blew me away and sims 2 had those annoying aspirations i could never fix the sims. they always went crazy
    munch

munch

the sims 3. just because knocking on your neighbours door blew me away and sims 2 had those annoying aspirations i could never fix the sims. they always went crazy.
    Though Sims Online would win if it were an option
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    Biotic_Warlock

Biotic_Warlock Яeversed

Sims 2 gameplay would win, but Sims 3 graphics and customisations were pretty useful.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    James

James

Yeah me too
    • Like Like x 1
    Miya

Miya

TS2 takes the cake for me based on gameplay alone. It is SO frustrating to go out and buy a new laptop, reinstall ALL TS3 and ALL of those EP's, just to have to uninstall over half of them because TS3 won't run properly. :cautious: I'll take a game that will actually run over more realistic "features" any day of the week. And another reason I choose TS2 is because TS2 had the BEST sims console games. Anyone remember Bustin' Out? I loved that game. It runs circles around TS3 console game.:celebrate:
    • Like Like x 1
    Cassia

Cassia

I like Sims 2 because it's weird. Does that make sense? There are such cool stories of the families in the towns, especially StrangeTown and all its mysteries. Plus, I love the weird things you can do with the Tombstone of Life and Death cheat. The Sims 2 just has a weirdness that Sims 3 lacks.
    That said, if I had to pick TS2 or TS3 to play for the rest of my life, it would definitely be TS3. I like the CAS a lot, I think the graphics are beautiful. And I think the Sims in TS3 have so much more in-depth daily lives and better stories. I like the open world in TS3 also, because in TS2 I sometimes felt too isolated.
    • Like Like x 1
    dawnderee

dawnderee

I agree with you completely! I wish somehow we could take the best parts of two and three and meld them together. I also currently only play TS3 despite the hiccups and crashes (some of which are my PC and not the game).
    Splatcat

Splatcat

I was shocked at the results, but now I'm happy knowing I'm not the only person who prefers The Sims 2 over the others.
    • Like Like x 1
    Queen

Queen

Origin ID:
    PuReAnGeL
    Nope, you are not alone! lol Sims 2 was a big hit! I loved it so much But Sims 4 is more like Sims 2 but better!
    JayGsmith08

JayGsmith08

Origin ID:
    JayGsmith08
    well unfortunately I only have the Sims 3 to compare, never got around to playing the other sims franchise although I hear alot of good things about Sims 2 it looks funny when I look at it on youtube. I love the Sims 3 maybe because that's all I know they look like barbie dolls to me but now I will get a chance to see some of the features of sims 2 in sims 4 so excited. I had to go out and buy a computer to play sims 3 but now I know that I will not have the issues with the new sims on my computer which is a plus. I will be playing mostly sims 3 and getting to know sims 4 until we get more additions to the game because I have spent so much money on my sims can't let that go LOL
    Duwsh

Duwsh

I like the customisation of TS3, if it didn't lag and crash when all EP's were installed I'd think it was better then TS2 but it does so it's not. I like TS2 but am unable to play it because it lacks story progression and that's my favourite feature from TS3. If it had that I would go back to TS2 and never play TS3 again!
    starglitters9909

starglitters9909

Origin ID:
    starglitters9909
    There are things I miss about the sims 2. I miss bathing the babies and toddlers. I loved the fact that they opened the drawer to get a spoon and the cabinet to get a pot. I loved the sewing machine in the sims 4. There are things I love about the sims 3. I love the open world and cast. It's hard to choose because I like them both. I just wish the sims 3 had incorporated some of the things from the sims 2 into the sims 3.
    AnnieHahha

AnnieHahha

Sims 2 because It's not bugging all the time. + the hairstyles are better ; and can be played without bugs on laptop or bad computer lmao.
    Sime 3 because expansion packs > than ts2; clothing is better; graphics are better;
    Samira

Samira

Origin ID:
    XxAirixX
    Now that I got to play Sims 2, I can officially say Sims 2. So far I had no freezing or crashing like Sims 3, I can play it on higher settings and so far no problems (could not do that with Sims 3). I love the cinematics! Also bunch of little stuff that didn't seem to be in sims 3-throwing drinks, propose while sitting at the table (surprise propose) or regular proposal, can feed each other cake when married, I can have my sims travel to different places without having to wait as long. Sure there are loading screens, but I don't have to wait forever like with sims 3.

Sims 3 had some good ideas for expansions (Island Paradise and Into the Future), I give them that. Just too buggy and bland overall. I eventually uninstalled it. It is just lacking in fun and stability.
    Hip_Rose

Hip_Rose

Origin ID:
    TheSavageNymph
    OMG this is my moment! TS2 TS2 TS2! :cat: LOL Joking aside, TS2 is my favourite sims game of all times, even thou I miss some things from TS1 (like MagicTown), I still think it's the superior game. I could never get into TS3, it's slow and so unfunny. I keep installing it and after 30 min I ask myself: Why girl? Why bother?
    Zef

Zef

Origin ID:
    MikeJustesen
    The Sims 1 all the way!

But in terms of the question, I'd say The Sims 2 is the better game.