1. Do you want Unlimited Mod and Skin downloads, Access to ALL premium/paid mods, No Delay Between Downloads, No Ads, a Blog, LOADS of site benefits and more! For one small monthly fee! Starting from $6.99 p/m - ✭ Join our Sims 4 V.I.P Club Here ✭ & Find out more about V.I.P here

Sims 1 Custom Content

Discussion in 'The Sims 1 General Discussion' started by plumdrop, May 10, 2013.

plumdrop

plumdrop Sadistic Simmer

Origin ID:
    sourdime
    Aw that's no fun, it's more entertaining to match them suffer.
    TheTom69

TheTom69

It's funny how simple the sims 1 was in terms of graphics and everything yet, it was still an amazing game!! Even now EA and Maxis should be looking back to the Sims 1 for inspiration and ideas for the Sims 4, and making sure that they 100% maintain the 'Sims feel' that you get from the Sims 1 where it all started. I found my Sims 1 with all my expansion packs in my brothers room yesterday so I mayyyy have to install them again for old times sake :)
    • Like Like x 1
    plumdrop

plumdrop Sadistic Simmer

Origin ID:
    sourdime
    I hope they do look back but for some reason I don't think they will.
    AnnieMorphine

AnnieMorphine Spy Simmer

Let's just have faith in Maxis shall we? Positive energy from all of us may result in something :p

(Witch crafting over here :ph34r: )
    plumdrop

plumdrop Sadistic Simmer

Origin ID:
    sourdime
    Complete faith in Maxis, EA not so much.
    Abigail

Abigail

Wow, I had NO idea there was custom content on the sims 1. (I hate cc, it makes your sims look like Barbie dolls)
    plumdrop

plumdrop Sadistic Simmer

Origin ID:
    sourdime
    Depends on how hard you look for quality content, my sims only look like barbies if I want them to look like barbies, but in actuality sims is a virtual doll house, barbies included.
    FalseZen

FalseZen

I still play the Sims 1.

Whenever I want Custom Content I got to CTO Sims. It's an archive site for all the Custom Content that was ever made. Very few creators (I think a total of 4? Or is it 7?) don't allow their content to be archived there. All the other content that used to be pay is now free. My personal favorite is Sim Snobs stuff.

You have to make a total of 10 legitimate posts before you can access the entire archive though. It's a way to keep the site active, and free of people that just come to spam.

It's also a great forum to talk about the Sims 1, and to get new stuff that creators are still making.
    plumdrop

plumdrop Sadistic Simmer

Origin ID:
    sourdime
    What Operating System do you use? I can't get Sims 1 to install on my computer and I have Windows 7.
    FalseZen

FalseZen

I have windows 7 too.

I lent the originals to my younger brother years ago, and he never gave them back. So, now I'm playing the Complete Collection.
    plumdrop

plumdrop Sadistic Simmer

Origin ID:
    sourdime
    You had no difficulties installing it? Because I have Deluxe Edition and it gets to about 98% before it stops. I want to get Complete Collection, but I don't want to waste my money.
    FalseZen

FalseZen

plumdrop

plumdrop Sadistic Simmer

Origin ID:
    sourdime
    Yes on the compatibilities as well as administer rights. I'll have to check out windows virtual pc.