1. Do you want Unlimited Mod and Skin downloads, Access to ALL premium/paid mods, No Delay Between Downloads, No Ads, a Blog, LOADS of site benefits and more! For one small monthly fee! Starting from $6.99 p/m - ✭ Join our Sims 4 V.I.P Club Here ✭ & Find out more about V.I.P here

The pre-order club!

Discussion in 'The Sims 4 General Discussion' started by HappyPhantom, Aug 9, 2014.

Dotty12344

Dotty12344

Pre-Ordered the Premium Edition from Amazon and have never pre-ordered anything before, so how is amazon with preorders
    • Like Like x 1
    Lokisimsies

Lokisimsies

No idea, I'm not the type to usually preorder anything.

I have seen posts though that they are really great and that you will often get the item before the actual release day. Did you choose the guaranteed two-day delivery? It's that option that will sometimes have it arrived a day early.
    Vegassimguy

Vegassimguy

Origin ID:
    RickyVegas
    Amazon is great with pre-orders especially if they're release day delivery guaranteed. It depends on if you have chosen release day delivery (usually 2 day delivery), as Lokisimsies said, when you check out. I'm a prime member, so it's usually the guaranteed 2-day delivery as my option when I purchase. Plus, I have received a few items the day before release day when ordering this way.
    ebuchala

ebuchala

Origin ID:
    ebuchala
    Of course, Labor Day falls on September 1 this year so mail doesn't run that day. Will Fedex or UPS deliver on holidays?

@Vegassimguy
    I love the guy in your avatar. Is that a simself?
    Dawnbreak

Dawnbreak

Origin ID:
    DawnbreakEdge
    I may not be able to pre-order... but Question

Physical Copy or Digital?

I really want to see that Prima guide though. I love those..
    Lokisimsies

Lokisimsies

AAAARGGGHHHHH!!!!!! Stupid holidays!!! That means that not only will I not be getting it early but it will be in the afternoon! They never come out in the country where I live early.

*cries*
    Vegassimguy

Vegassimguy

Origin ID:
    RickyVegas
    He is my altered simself. I alway have to distance myself a little from my sim for the fantasy of it. He will be my main when I play. Howie Hughes is his name.
    • Like Like x 1
    strawberrigurl

strawberrigurl

Origin ID:
    strawberrigurl
    I ordered the Premium Edition from Amazon, mostly because digital copies take forever to download with my internet/pc. Also, I love Amazon. Two questions tho:

1. What is the difference between the Creator's Guide (says the premium edition comes with the CG) and the Prima Official Guide? I've never bought a guide because most information relevant to the game floats around the internet, especially on sites like Crinrict's.

2. For those who ordered off Amazon does it guarantee delivery on day of release? I am a prime member so I get automatic 2 day free delivery but I'm curious if someone who is not a prime member has to wait longer unless they pay extra for 2 day delivery. Hope that's not true.

edited to add:Okay, I read some comments I skipped over and had my question answered for this one.

also, :inlove:<--smilies are addictive
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2014
    • Agree Agree x 1
    tadakichi16

tadakichi16

I prefer buying the digital version than hard copies but like you OP. I want the art book So, I pre-ordered the Premium Edition and the hardcover Prima guide. I also pre-ordered The Sims 4 Steelseries Bundle Headset, Mouse and Mousepad. It's my first gaming mouse. I can't wait to get my hands on! :laugh:
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    strawberrigurl

strawberrigurl

Origin ID:
    strawberrigurl
    I have never had any problems with Amazon delivery. *knocks on wood* I have guaranteed same day delivery and I got my edition of Into the Future on release date when I preordered. They are great!
    • Like Like x 1
    PoptartChris

PoptartChris

I pre-ordered the limited edition at Best Buy. It came as a card and the cashier told me to come back on the day of its release (Sept. 2nd). I guess I will get the physical edition with the bonus content! :celebrate:
    • Like Like x 1
    Sims4Fan

Sims4Fan

Pre-ordered the premium edition from GameStop. With TS3 I bought a physical copy of the base game and bought digital for the EPs I am doing the same this time as well.
    • Like Like x 2
    Jazzy6897

Jazzy6897

Origin ID:
    Jazzy6897
    I already said earlier that I'm pre-ordering premium edition from Gamestop. But I have a question: When I get the physical copy of the premium edition, and then put the disk in and download it that way, will I be able to come back later and add it to Origin? Because I downloaded the sims 3 base and expansions by disk, and then when I tried to add it to Origin, it wouldn't work. Does anybody know? :confused:
    Dotty12344

Dotty12344

I think I got release day delivery
    Simfan923

Simfan923

Origin ID:
    Simfan923
    Pre ordered the Premium Edition and the Collectors Edition Prima Guide
    Hazaria

Hazaria

I stalked the UK sites I usually preorder from and pre ordered from Game the first day they had it listed. I don't often order the prima guides but I have this time pre ordered the digital version from ITunes. So I'm all ready :).
    CaptainCookieTails

CaptainCookieTails

I pre-ordered the sims 4 collectors edition and I'm thinking of doing the same as OP and pre-ordering the digital copy and handing the game to my friend who is sims obsessed as an early christmas pressie :p not quite sure yet
    The book thief

The book thief

Origin ID:
    thesims3andtwo
    I will buy my game at the store that represents elegance, class, and power:

Wal -Mart :bookworm::cigar::watching:
    • Funny Funny x 1
    burntcheese223

burntcheese223

Origin ID:
    burntcheese223
    I preordered the Digital Deluxe from origin :)
    Everett

Everett

Will be pre-ordering the Digital Deluxe from Origin :thumbsup: The game will be an early Birthday gift. :celebrate:
    • Like Like x 1