1. Do you want Unlimited Mod and Skin downloads, Access to ALL premium/paid mods, No Delay Between Downloads, No Ads, a Blog, LOADS of site benefits and more! For one small monthly fee! Starting from $6.99 p/m - ✭ Join our Sims 4 V.I.P Club Here ✭ & Find out more about V.I.P here

Years

Discussion in 'The Sims 4 General Discussion' started by SimInvasioner, May 10, 2013.

Gigi

Gigi The Boss Site Owner

Yeah here is how I have my days: (and in parenthesis, how many days in yrs they are old when they are at the max days of each age stage)

Baby: 2 days

Toddler: 2 days (4 yrs old)

Child: 8 days (12 years old)

Teenager: 11 days (23 years old)

Young adult: 21 days (44 years old)

Adult: 21 days (65 years old)

Elder: 12 days (77 years old -- which is the average of the human lifespan anyways, male or female)
    • Like Like x 1
    plumdrop

plumdrop Sadistic Simmer

Origin ID:
    sourdime
    too bad you can't have teenagers actually teens.
    Gigi

Gigi The Boss Site Owner

Yeah the teenage years go to 23 because I just didn't want them so close in age to their parents. The idea was to end it at 18 but yeah...it just wasn't working like that.

I would love a pre-teen stage in TS3 where they are developing and stuff. Lol, these kids are just tranistioning and they got the body of a fully developed woman.
    coffeeteame

coffeeteame New Member

Thank you SO much, Cupcake! This is fantastic! I will be editing my lifespan upon startup.

I ran out of "Likes" for the day, otherwise I would have liked your post. LOL
    plumdrop

plumdrop Sadistic Simmer

Origin ID:
    sourdime
    Yeah it goes from a 10 year old to 17 in the blink of an eye.
    dpffpskuyu

dpffpskuyu New Member

I like that idea! I hope Sims 4 has the option to shorten years just like in Sims 3. It was one of the features I used most. Also shortening how many days it takes to age, in this case it'd be how many years it takes to age. Which is a good idea because it adds more realism to the game ^^ Honestly don't see how I'd play sims without a similar feature like that :p
    plumdrop

plumdrop Sadistic Simmer

Origin ID:
    sourdime
    Well right now, sims doesn't have years, we were talking about adding actual years right now it's just days, not even months.
    msnorrington

msnorrington

What I wouldn't give for realistic aging in the game without the use of mods. If my sim has her first child at 20 yrs of age, she should remain 20 years older than that child always. She shouldn't be an elder before the kid leaves for college. It all begins with the pregnancy. If gestation is based on 3 days, than a whole year is like 4 days and so on and so forth. Of course this causes problems down the line with expansion packs like seasons and university. So far TS3 seems to be on the right track by allowing adjustments to the ages of different life stages.
    plumdrop

plumdrop Sadistic Simmer

Origin ID:
    sourdime
    I agree, they really need to work out their timing kinks, and not just with ages.